Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Final Post of the Quarter

As a blogger, I've begun to tend favoring writing about my own real experiences in classrooms. When I started this blog, I was writing about theory and important, relevant books, and about what I envisioned my classroom would look like, etcetera. I think I do my most interesting blogging when I'm writing about what really happened to me. Real experiences > hypothetical future situations, as far as writing interesting posts goes. Then I compare those real experiences to themes we're learning from our classes.

My blogging has become more interesting because I've put myself out there a little more, and write really honest pieces. I definitely do a lot of picking and choosing topics, and I feel restricted in my writing and wont write about every experience I've had in my placements (which is good! Teachers ought to have a good, sturdy filter). 

I think one of the main things that makes some of my blog posts more accessible than others are the use of PICTURES! I know I'm certainly drawn to blogs who have photos on the posts. I think including pictures makes the blog posts more accessible, more interesting, and therefor something that will be more likely commented on. One best post that really highlights this is my post Update on Real Students, Really Blogging. I included some student work (without names) that cracks me up. It's fabulous! It was a topic I was really jazzed about, and I wanted to showcase the students creativity and humor. Which reminds me- I need to check in and find out who won that competition!! 


1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading this quarter, and loved hearing about your work with the students. Looking forward to picking up again in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete